NetSuite is rolling out their second release for the year
It comes with new powerful features, enhancements, and functionality. Amongst the release is new financial capabilities, improved analytics and a huge amount of industry specific features!
As your NetSuite partners, we have gone ahead and put together a comprehensive list of highlights to prepare you for the release.
Gain deeper business insights and access actionable and targeted data by using the new user SuiteAnalytics interface. Access the workbooks from anywhere within the Cloud Platform and leverage data to understand business opportunities and potential risks.
iPhone users can now capture time and expenses offline! Once they are connected, the app will sync the information that has been captured. Simplified navigation and improvements to the dashboard will assist users in utilizing the application.
In 2019.2, further improvements have been made to accommodate the diverse and global customer base of NetSuite.
- Improved Multi-Subsidiary Management and Accounting
- Streamlined bank reconciliation via improvements to the data import functionality
- Enhancements to increase fluidity and ease of use for revenue recognition.
- Support your operations around the world with the G/L impact printing for China, and additional depreciation enhancements for Japan.
Industry Specific Enhancements
For wholesale distributors and manufactures
- A new warehouse management system has been introduced; increasing productivity via a new wave release process, paperless picking functionality and an intuitive mobile application.
- Introduction of the Supply Chain Tower; Providing unrivaled visibility which will enable teams to quickly adapt and avoid potential issues within their supply chain. This single overarching view will highlight risks and showcase opportunities to improve efficiency and maintain continuity.
- Merchandise Attributes – Allowing retailers to easily view and track product performance based on various product classifications.
Learn more about the Retailers enhancement and feature changes in NetSuite 2019.2
Software and Services
- Simplified project budgeting
- Powerful new resource management tool
- Improved reporting enhancing efficiency and management in a global environment.
Electronic Bank Payments
In 2019.2 there will be some enhancements to the Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp
- Pay your vendor bill in installments with Installment Payments
If you wish to test these new features out in the Release Preview environment – See SuiteAnswers 51313 for instructions.
Want more information?
The Annexa Team is offering training for the new features, enhancements and functionality introduced in 2019.2. If you’d like to find out more, or schedule a training session please firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions regarding the release, you may contact email@example.com
We have included some additional documents below; The 2019.2 Release notes provide a comprehensive list of all the upcoming changes. If you’re interested in any of these features you may review the Feature Previews page to learn more!
What you need to know
To find out more about the new release, log into NetSuite and open the Release Portlet. If your release preview portlet is not available on your dashboard; Click ‘Personalize’ and locate the ‘New Release’ icon and add it to your dashboard.
NetSuite is continuing to use the new opt-in access model for Release Preview accounts in Release 2019.2. An administrator can go to Setup > Company > Release Preview and click Request Release Preview. NetSuite will create an account for you so that you can become familiar with the new capabilities of NetSuite and test your processes before your Production upgrade to 2019.2. The Account Administrator will receive an email notification as soon as your account is available and ready to use.
The release preview environment is available to test new features prior to the upgrade date, this environment is a separate copy of your NetSuite account. This is available from now! Login here – Locate the role with the account type ‘Release Preview’
See the release portlet below:
How should you be preparing?
We highly recommend testing your NetSuite solution prior to the upcoming release. As NetSuite is customised to suit your specific business, testing will identify any changes that may impact your day to day operations.
We recommend testing all customisations, integrations, workflows and general business processes on the release preview environment.
If the Release Preview environment is unavailable, please follow the steps outlined in the section above to request access. If you have any issues with this, please contact our support team.
Refer to the NetSuite Test Plan for a detailed and comprehensive guide on how to setup the test environment and perform testing.
Annexa is here to help!
We understand you may have questions about this upgrade, and we are here to help! Our professional services team are on hand to help with anything you need regarding this upgrade.
For assistance regarding the considerations, testing, new feature demos or any queries please contact Support@annexa.com.au or via 1300 994 550